Fannett Property Management
Servicing Southeast Texas and Surrounding Areas
Rental Services by Creel Investments is a full service property management
company that has been in business managing rental property since 1995. Darren
Creel, a licensed Real Estate Broker, has owned property himself since 1993 so
he understands your goals when it comes to investing and manages your property
the way he would want his own property managed. Our highest priority is to see
you (the owner) with the successful investment property you desire. We want to
increase your cash flow as well as increase the net value of your property. We
treat your property like it's our own; from advertising to maintenance and legal
issues. We are committed to being the best in our industry and providing quality
The Benefits of using Rental Services
- Leasing and applications with licensed Real Estate agents on staff
- Full Tenant Screenings (including credit, criminal, eviction and sex offender)
- Full staff of maintenance personnel
- Sub contracting options
- Lawn services
- Evictions (including court representation)
- Payment Services Available (i.e. mortgages, taxes, insurance, utilities)
- Online Payment Services for Tenants
- 24 Hour Emergency Line available for Tenants
- Annual Inspections
- Online Owners Portal for your convenience
Inquire About Our Services
You and Your Properties Are Number One
Rental Services by Creel Investments employs a full time Maintenance
Department to maintain your rental property.
Learn More +
Our goal is to keep any
maintenance or repair cost that we perform for our clients at at a
minimum. We also offer the service of coordinating larger jobs that
may be out of the scope of our maintenance team with sub contractors.
RELATIONSHIPS & STABILITY
Rental Services by Creel Investments is an established locally owned company.
Learn More +
With 20 years of experience, our highly qualified team of professionals will
manage your property with sound principles, based on integrity, honesty and
reliability while maximizing your NOI. We can offer you the management expertise
that will allow you the opportunity to focus on your other priorities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND FAIR HOUSING
Rental Services by Creel Investments is committed to equal opportunity and fair housing standards which means:
Learn More +
Fair Housing – All people should have equal access to homes they can afford
- We have to comply with federal, state, and local laws.
- Civil Rights Act of 1866
- Civil Rights Act of 1968
- Federal Fair Housing Amendments Act
Protective Class: Government protected classes
- Race, Religion, Color, Sex, Familial Status, National Origin, Handicap
- Main class discriminated against is disability, race is second.
- Gender, Gender Identity, Gender Expression, Medical Condition, Age, Marital Status
What We Do For You
When asked if we have properties on housing:
“Our owner does not participate in the program.”
Provide same information to all applicants, NO STEERING & CHILLINGS
Steering – direct to a specific area
Chillings – saying discouraging things to keep from renting
When asked “What kind of people live here?”
“Anyone who meets our qualifications are welcome to live here”
When asked “What is the area like?”
“We can only direct you to contact the local police department.”
Always ask the same questions to each person to avoid linguistic
profiling (how they sound-accent) or name profiling (based on their name).
- We cannot have a preference on source of income
- We cannot ask citizenship or immigration status
- It is okay to require 3x the rent for applicants income
- For housing, we need to look at the portion the applicant is required to pay and multiply that by 3x the rent for housings income
- Legally, we can only have two heartbeats per room plus one for the living room
- We are required to run applications in the order they are received
Screening and Rental Criteria:
- Need a written, non-discriminatory, rental criteria that is equally applied
- Check for Income and financial qualifications
- Check for rental history (in CA, evictions are sealed which is why rental history is so important)
- Occupancy standards (two heartbeats per room plus one per living room)
- Background check
Criminal Background Check:
- Take into consideration, age, evidence of rental, evidence of rehabilitation efforts
- Set a time frame for felonies
- Consider if the felony was health or safety
- Affirmative marketing – words and phrases that do not show discrimination
- Focus on property and not people (don’t say “playground for kids” or “quiet for singles”)
Fannett is a census-designated place in Jefferson County, Texas, United States, about
15 miles (24 km) southwest of Beaumont. It is part of the Beaumont–Port Arthur
Metropolitan Statistical Area. The community is named after B. J. Fannett, a local
landowner who opened a general store there in the 1890s. When Japanese immigrants
brought rice farming to the area, Fannett grew to meet the farmers' needs.
Although oil has been discovered near Fannett, the town's population has remained small.
Official 2000 census estimates place its population at 105. In 1961, the Fannett
Independent School District was combined with that of neighboring Hamshire, forming
the Hamshire-Fannett Independent School District.
In 1993 and again in 2004, Fannett was the center of a controversy over the naming of Jap Road
(now Boondocks Road). The road had been named in the early 20th century to honor immigrant rice
farmer Yoshio Mayumi. However, the meaning of the word "Jap" had changed over time, transforming
an honor into an ethnic slur.
Fannett is home to the Clifton Steamboat Museum, which features a large exhibit on Lieutenant
Commander Harry Brinkley Bass (after whom the USS Brinkley Bass was named).